Due to recent growth and further expansion plans, we are currently seeking a motivated Account Development Representative to join our team and contribute towards our continued success.
At MSL, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence, and as an Account Development Representative, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the business and be a part of a team to build relationships within new opportunities and our existing customer base.
Location: The role will be based out of our brand-new office in Silverstone, Northants.
Salary: Up to £30k per annum + commission (depending on experience) OTE £55,000 KPI Driven.
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 09:00 – 17:00 (1 hour lunch) Friday 09:00 – 15:30, predominantly office-based with the potential to be asked to support local exhibitions.
Summary of the Account Development Representative Role
MSL Creaform Account Development Representatives are responsible for opening new accounts or new departments in the existing customer base. This role works directly with the MSL sales team, in an assigned region, to identify, penetrate, and cultivate new business opportunities.
Execution of new business strategies will include research, cold calling, and advanced qualification. Team members will set meetings, schedule technical resources, track activity and proactively update selling teams on the next steps for new and developing opportunities.
Candidates must be highly proficient in communication and coordination with internal organisations. They must understand the overall value proposition of the solutions they are selling and be able to quickly communicate the message. Success in the position depends heavily on building a trusted partnership with the local sales team to define a dynamic list of target accounts and agreement on upfront pursuit strategies.
Essential Functions of the Account Development Representative Role
- Prepare and set up for outbound daily calls and other pursuit strategies
- Conduct initial telephone qualification and research on assigned target accounts to gather intelligence
- Build prospect interest in the products and services offered by our Creaform partner through web, social media, e-mail and primarily phone interaction.
- Enrich and profile our databases (Zoho CRM) to identify new interests.
- Systematically follow up all target account activities to develop total qualified opportunities that produce an above-average close rate
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Work under moderate supervision, receiving little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Skills and Required Abilities for the Account Development Representative Role
- Fearless and persistent in cold-calling new account targets
- Proven ability to open doors, and build relationships at all levels within an organisation
- The ability to think creatively and apply new ideas to overcome objections and barriers
- Works well as part of a team and has strong communication skills
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage a large volume of opportunities
- Proficient in using CRM systems (Zoho or similar historically)
- Ability to research and quickly translate information into action
- Self-motivated and target-driven
Experience Requirements for the Account Development Representative Role
- Experience in growing existing accounts in new divisions and qualifying new business prospects
- Minimum 2 years inside sales and/or direct selling experience
- Engineering and or technical background would be beneficial
- Experience working with CRM systems
MSL is a great place to work, and we believe in fostering a culture that values our people and inspires each of us to be the best we can be. If you want to join a company that is packed with great energy, and is a place where you can accelerate your career, then MSL is the right place for you!
Get in touch to find out more about the role and responsibilities: